Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011


Happy New Year!!! I can’t believe 2010 is over already, I feel like it went by crazy fast. Last year was a rough year for me personally but I feel like it’s slowly looking up. So I’m excited for what 2011 has in store…I think it can only get better.

2010 was the first full year of running Green With Envy Studios and boy did I learn a lot and I still have a ton to learn.

I do make resolutions and it’s hit or miss whether I stick with them but I decided to make some goals for my shop for 2011.

1) Get Organized. Mainly I need to do a better job of tracking expenses and sales. I have all the info from all my sales organized in a filing cabinet but I haven’t consistently plugged the info into any type of spreadsheet. My goal is to get a more accurate picture of how much I earn from this business and where I can spend or need to cut cost.
2) Develop a marketing plan. I struggle with this one every day. I know this is the biggest reason why I don’t have the exposure I want. I have a very hard time putting myself and this business out there. Mainly due to fear of not being received well, but I know I need to get over it and just do it. I have already started gathering information on ways to better market my business so I hope I will really make some strides in this area in 2011.
3) To expand my product line to include some non-paper goods. I already have some products in mind and can’t wait until they are a reality. Also would love to hear what you guys would like to see in the shop!
4) Make better use of social media. Not so much as a market tool but simply I would like to get to know the people that like my products and I want them to know me.
5) One of my biggest goals is to make Green With Envy Studios in a business that is making a consistent income that my family can rely on. So hopefully with all the work I will be putting into it this year that will be the end result.

Now I have more short term, specific goals for myself but in general these are the big themes. I also sat down and did a list of personal goals too. I think it really helps to have things written down and tangible. Not just because I forget really easily but because it helps me stay focused and driven.

What are some things you guys would like to accomplish this year for yourselves or your businesses?
Image Source:
1, 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP