Friday, October 15, 2010

Debbie Downer

Well great I think my daughter is headed to getting kicked out of daycare. Wednesday when I picked her up her teacher told me that she had to be sent out of the room for time-out. She told me that my daughter was being mean to her friends and was refusing to help clean up. Then she had a big tantrum and hit her teacher.

My daughter is very sassy and has never really understood punishment enough to not do whatever it is she isn't suppose to do. But for the most part she is a good kiddo and the teachers at her school love her.

Well after the incident Wednesday the hubs and I talked to her about not hitting and being nice and listening. I was apprehensive all Thursday because I was worried there would be a new incident when I picked her up and sure enough there was.

This time her actual teacher was gone but there was nice little "incident" report attached to her sign-in/out sheet. She got upset when asked to clean up books and started throwing books and then ended up throwing one at her teachers face. As I read it I could feel myself get sad and I could feel myself tear up a bit.

I just don't know what to do... We put her in time out when she does something wrong and we tell her "no" and talk to her about her behavior. She understands time out is bad and hates being in it, but it really doesn't stop her from doing bad things over again. We don't spank for lots of reasons (I don't necessarily disagree with spanking. I was spanked as a kid and deserved every one I got, but its just not a punishment I want to use.) I don't know how to make her understand that her behavior is wrong especially when I'm not the one there to see what she is doing.

I feel like the next thing is I'm going to have to talk to the director and they are going to be telling me she isn't welcome back to daycare because of her behavior.

Ugh I just feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Sorry for the "downer" post but it really does break my heart when she isn't the sweet, nice kid I know she can be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP