Monday, November 1, 2010

Jocelyn's 2nd Birthday aka Balloonfest 2010 :)

**WARNING: Picture heavy post ahead!





My little one LOVES balloons...every time we pass a car lot or party store I hear squealing from the back seat. She is fascinated by them. This years theme was perfect for her!! I knew I wanted a cluster of balloons for her invite but I didn't really know the color scheme since she doesn't have a fav color. As mentioned before after ordering her bday shirt I decided to try and match the colors in the shirt and I really like how the invite and colors came together.


SOOOO many balloons...I think I actually used more balloons in the wreath then in the house :)
I wanted to make the food simple so we had pizza and chips/pretzels as the main food. I made the cake (not totally happy with the way it looks but it tasted yummy). I also mad cupcake in a jar as the party favor for the guests. Pretty simple and easy! Earlier I made crayons for Jossie's class party favors.





My favorite part of her birthday was her present. I wanted to get her something she would actually use and that wouldn't get ignored like all her other presents. I was originally leaning towards something art related because she loves to color. But then I was reading The Busy Budgeting Mama's blog. Natalie posted about her daughter Sophie's second birthday party (super cute definitely check it out!). Her and her mother made felt play food as part of their present. I was instantly obsessed and thought that would be a great present for Jossie. She was already feeding us air food often :) Then my hubs decided to make her a play kitchen to go along.
To say I was impressed is a total understatement. My mom made the majority of the food and my hub built the kitchen from old cabinets. My mom and sister painted it and it just turned out great!!


Last but not least...the birthday girl :) I wish I had some better pic of our little bday girl but she was cranky before her party and got a late nap and was actually still sleeping when the party started. I had to wake her up and she was still fussy and wouldn't let me do her hair or put on shoes. So she spent the party with crazy hair and no shoes but she of course she didn't care. I was also bummed I didn't get a good pic of her bday shirt (minus the spongebob sticker she had to have on it). Most of the pictures I have she is doing something and you can't see the shirt. The ones I made her pose for she was annoyed and wouldn't smile. But most importantly she had a great time! Two of my friends brought their little ones so we had 4 little girls 10 months-4 yrs and they all had a good time and loved the kitchen.
I couldn't have pulled it off without the help of my mommy, sister and hubs. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
****
Special thanks to:
1)Kristina of Modern Frills, Jossie loved the bday shirt, sorry I didn't get any good pics without Spongebob on the shirt. But everyone complimented your work!
2)Natalie of The Busy Budgeting Mama (and Pretty Paperie) for the the felt food idea and great listing of tutorials
3)HowDoesShe? for wreath tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP