Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Supper

I use to be really good about shopping early Sunday morning and actually planning out meals for the week. But after I had Munchkin and went back to work, I was usually too tired to cook and we started relying way way way TOO much on fast food or just random stuff in the kitchen.

I have been getting better as I try to get back to my former self. I'm trying to get more constant and at least cooking during the week. We are really trying hard to not get fast food.

So I decided to start sharing some of our meals...everyone always needs yummy recipe ideas.

So this Sunday I plan on making Peppered Pork with Chive Sauce. I got the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Menus in Minutes cookbook. It a really neat cookbook (I got it at Costco about 3 years ago)

Peppered Pork Loin

Ingredients
(4) boneless pork top loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
(1) teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
(2) teaspoons olive oil
(1/4) cup chicken broth
(3) tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
(4) ounces cream cheese, cut up
(1) tablespoon snipped fresh chives

Directions
1) Rub both sides of chops with pepper.
2) In large skillet cook chops in hot oil over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until done (160 degrees), turning once. Transfer chops to serving platter, keep warm.
3) For sauce, carefully add broth and dry sherry to skillet.
4) Cook and stir until bubbly to loosen any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
5) Add cream cheese to skillet. Stir with a wire whisk over medium heat until cream cheese melts.
6) Stir in the 1 tablespoon chives.
7) Spoon sauce over chops.

Check out my Facebook Fan Page for pictures of my final product and my little review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP